Thursday, January 11, 2007

There's No Place Like...

I have a thing about sleeping somewhere other than home.

It’s like a child on his first sleepover - except mine is because I'm proud and a little selfish, not because I'm scared. I pay a lot of money to sleep in my bed every night, and I intend to get my money's worth.

That's always my best excuse to not go out drinking. I want to sleep in my own bed and nobody wants to stay sober to drive me an hour home. That was one of the first reasons I didn't go to my friend's birthday party last Friday (which, we concluded left me better off, but STILL).

The Man and I were talking about this and he said, "I wouldn't want to sleeping down there anyway!" Okay, fair enough...I know I wouldn't want him going out drinking with friends and then not coming home. I would be pissed. We agreed that wasn't going to be happening.

So, can anyone tell me what changed that seemingly mutual agreement this morning when The Man called me and said, "The guys are getting an ice house up north next month and I want to go with. It's the 9th to the 10th."

So...You are going to go out...drink...and not come home?

Hmmm...

He's going to be pissy that I posted about this before we talked, but then he really shouldn't be calling me at work and TELLING me he's going to do something like this. Had I not been sitting in a cubicle farm, I would have said, "OH, Heelll Nah!!!" You can make me bite my tongue...but you can't stop the hands, boy! Hmph.

Anywho...It seems it's De-lurking Week. I wish I knew who set these days! Maybe there’s a mailing list or something so I can found out about it BEFORE Thursday?

http://papernapkin.typepad.com

So, if you just like to read and don’t like to put in your two cents, that’s great and all, but you’re kind of obligated to state your presence sometime this week. Just saying.