Why is it that when my light turns green, I have to wait for the people to finish going through the intersection before I can go?
Why is it that when I’m driving five miles over the speed limit, people glare at me as though I’d set out on my day intent on making them drive “slow?”
Why is it that people feel so little value for my life that they will risk it just so they don’t have to wait for me to pass them before they get to pull onto the highway?
Why is it, that I wonder these things every. damn. day, yet I still haven’t found a job that doesn’t require commuting an hour down the one of the deadliest highways in the state?
My Google Stars have been piling up, as I haven’t posted them in a couple weeks.
Today, I’m going to do it differently. You have to read at least one, because I want to hear your thoughts on it in the comments. Yep, I am telling you what to do. But only because I care! And while a couple of these are merely for entertainment, a few of them are really important and NEED to be shared. So, don’t be all crabby about it and just do it. Love and hugs.
In order of date starred:
* Chesca the Ex-Skindiver – poetic as always - had a Midlife Epiphany – not to be confused with a Midlife Crisis.
* Shauna Loves Chocolate had a loving (read: funny) post faux-written by her husband.
* Momma’s World comically Beat a Port-A-Potty to Death (a post she won a contest with!).
* Tabetha at Think Bigg shines some light on a terrifying disease that kills 50,000 people a year – yet is basically ignored.
* Ms. Think Bigg also debunked my theory that it was okay to use all my disposable water bottles – because I recycle. (Oh, the shame I feel!)
* With school starting up, Cooking With Whine’s Becki shares her hilarious list of tips for getting out the door in the morning.
* And just today, our WhiskeyMarie is celebrating her eleventh wedding anniversary. (Honey, that post you wrote for The Mr. – makes ME want to marry you!)
There you go, Oh Peoples of The Garden…
Now what have you learned today??