Monday, June 4, 2007

Makeover Monday #1

I’ve really been wanting to get involved with Shauna on this “Makeover Monday” thing that Moodswinging Mommy thought up.

This is really such a great idea, I’m so jealous that I didn’t think of it! I’m always working on ways to make myself better and how motivating is posting about it to the internet, right?
The best part of it…is that it requires ME to spend time on ME. And ME isn’t someone who gets put first too often.

Because I pretend, er, strive to be all yogic and centered, I’m going to categorize my goals as Mind, Body and Soul. That should make me a well-rounded person by, say, Thanksgiving, right?





Mind - Finish my book. I made it most of the way through Hip Tranquil Chick and got to the yoga poses part and quit. I didn’t want to go any further until I had time to practice the poses and never got the time for that. I do plan on finishing that book in the future, but this week, it’s the new book listed on my sidebar, Cleaning and the Meaning of Life by Paula Jhung. I don’t like the title of this book because it makes me think it’s about some neat freak with good cleaning tips. It’s not (and I was a little disappointed). Paula Jhung talks about how she lived in a chaotic mess and how she found ways around creating the mess in the first place rather than having to deal with it in the end. She follows ideas like I do, about bringing awareness to your habits and has some really profound reasons NOT to shop. I made it halfway through yesterday - the only reason I quit was to organize my closet (it’s THAT good!) - and want to make it a goal to finish it even though I’m going to be swamped at work this week.

Body - Yoga one night a week after work. Walk or run twice during the week.

Soul - Meditate once during the week. This one is the absolute hardest because it means it has to be accomplished when my house is quiet. Which is at 4:30 am. When meditating will make me fall back asleep. I better work hard at this one.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Want to join in the fun? Here's what to do:

- Choose a goal. (It can be a new one each week or something more long-term.)
- Write a Makeover Monday post to share your goal for the week ahead. State whether or not you accomplished your goal from the previous week. It's okay to brag! If you are working towards a long-term goal, report on your progress.
- Spread the good karma by visiting other Makeover Monday participants to encourage and congratulate them on their own makeovers. (check out Moodswinging Mommy for a list of participants)
- Feel the love coming right back at you!

Don't let Monday be a downer! Start your week off right by celebrating your accomplishments and those of fellow bloggers.

13 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Yoga was seriously life changing for me...that is, when I was doing it regularly.

Can't seem to find a good yoga class near me now.

Anyway, great list...it's so important to take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your goals this week!

Stacey said...

Good luck !

Can't wait for the "report" next week.
One of these days I'll set some type of goals for myself...when I can stop being so *&@@#$ lazy that is :)

Whiskeymarie said...

I can't make goals- or at least I can't say them out loud or write/type them.
I will instantly abandon them if I do.
I'll be there with you in spirit, but I dare not utter the words...

Brillig said...

I've considered joining in too, but I feel so frazzled right now I can't even imagine setting any goals, let alone accomplishing them! This is a great list and I will positively bow down and kiss your feet if you accomplish it all! That said, I have no doubt that you WILL accomplish it all!

(maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to kiss your feet? Hmmmm? Okay, that's kinda weird...)

Cherann said...

I've been wanting to do Make over Monday too. But mondays are just so about recovery for me. So hectic.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining in on the MM fun. I like the way you organized your goals, and they seem like realistic ones, too. LOL at having to wait until 4:30 am to meditate. I totally hear 'ya!

lady macleod said...

Very worthy goals all! I love yoga, it has kept me "bendy" which is very handy as one becomes a woman of a certain age...

Virtualsprite said...

Wow! I wish I was this organized with my goals... I'm jealous! Good luck! I know you'll do well.

Anonymous said...

My brother meditates EVERY morning before 5 AM and it changed his life.

Butrfly Garden said...

Thanks everybody! (I SO wish I could type that the way I say it in my head!)

Brill - if you're gonna be weird, this is definitely the place.

Sugar Kane said...

Good luck. 4:30 is awfully early, but you can do it. Think how much better you'll feel.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Good luck on your goals, Amy! I didn't do an update this week, but am still working on them...